Generate The Power You Need, When You Need It
Find top products from brands like Champion, Dewalt, Honda and many more – plus, all the accessories you need to stay electrified.
Shop Honda Generators & More
L&M Fleet Supply is a leading distributor of Honda generators at our locations across the upper midwest and through our online store. Products like the EU1000i Portable Generator and EG2800I Inverter Generator are guaranteed to supply high-quality power to your home. Find other reliable options in DeWalt Portables or Champion’s 12,000-watt Generator.
Do I Need an Inverter Generator or a Portable Generator?
There are the two main types of generators. One, inverter generators, which run on a combination of fossil fuels and electricity from an inverter. Because of this, the current of an inverter generator is much more stable.
Two, regular generators, which use a fuel-powered (gas, diesel and/or propane) engine with an alternator that has an electrical output.
Here are some other considerations when deciding between an inverter generator vs. regular generator:
- Inverter generators normally don’t produce as much power as regular generators. There are a number of reasons for this, mainly the smaller fuel tank size and AC/DC method of electrical production.
- Inverter generators are smaller, more portable and quieter. Regular generators require more fuel and thus take up more space and make more noise.
What other uses do generators have?
- Landscaping: Use for power equipment like mulchers, mowers and weed whippers while working in the yard.
- Outdoor gatherings: Provide power for heaters, lighting and cooking equipment while entertaining on the patio.
- Emergencies: Make sure you can power your home or survival equipment in case of an outage during a storm.