Pick Up A New Chainsaw and Be Your Own Lumberjack
As the upper midwest’s premier Stihl dealer, you’ll find several popular chainsaw options, like the Stihl MS 261 C-M Chainsaw W/M-Tronic™ and the Stihl MS362 18 Chainsaw. Or, take a look at other high-quality brands like Husqvarna and their leading Husqvarna 562 XP®.
All of this and so much more is conveniently located at our 10 locations across North Dakota, Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Find All The Best Chainsaw Supplies At L&M
Not only do we carry top models of chainsaws from brands like Stihl, Husqvarna, Milwaukee, Rapala and Timber Tuff, among others, we also offer all the add-ons you need to get the job done right:
Gas Chainsaws vs. Electric Chainsaws
There are two main chainsaws available today – gas and electric. Each offers their own unique advantages and disadvantages. Here are the main considerations when choosing between gas chainsaws and electric chainsaws:
- Gas-powered chainsaws provide more power and efficiency, but they require regular refueling and are harder to maintain.
- Electric-powered chainsaws are nice for the casual user, as they don’t require refueling, but supply less power. Cordless electric chainsaws are perhaps most convenient, as there’s no extension cord to worry about cutting into.
What are some chainsaw safety tips that I should always follow?
Keep yourself and others safe by following some of these quick chainsaw safety tips:
- Always stand on a stable surface while operating a chainsaw.
- Always use two hands on your chainsaw when in use.
- Remain aware of your surroundings so as not to injure anyone else.
- Wear the proper safety equipment, including a mask, chaps and hearing protection.
Do chainsaw chains need to be oiled or otherwise maintained in some manner?
Preventative maintenance is more affordable than a part failure. As such it’s recommended to change your oil at least once a year with moderate use.