Drolet Escape 1200 Wood Stove
Our most compact unit in the series, the Escape 1200 is the perfect choice for heating homes up to 1,200 ft². With only 1.8 g/h of particulate emissions, this EPA certified wood stove puts out an impressive 45,000 BTU/h. The bottom of its combustion chamber is deeper than other models in its category and allows a greater accumulation of ashes, and thus to be able to empty them much less frequently. A simple model; reliable and robust.
Included: pedestal, air deflector, ceramic glass, cast iron door with adjustable hinges, ash lip, air damper
Up to 5 hours burn time
Up to 17" logs
1.55 ft³ firebox
Proudly made in Canada
Limited lifetime warranty
Certified for mobile home and alcove installation
Dry cordwood (16" recommended)
Recommended heating area-ft² ()
250 - 1,200
Overall firebox volume-ft³
EPA loading volume-ft³
Maximum burn time ()
Maximum heat output-dry cordwood (3)
45,000 BTU/h (13.19 kW)
Overall heat output rate < (3) (4)
12,124 BTU/h (3.55 kW) to 26,700 BTU/h (7.83 kW)
Average overall efficiency (dry cordwood) (4)
74 % (HHV) (5)
79 % (LHV) (6)
Optimum overall efficiency (7) (8)
Optimum heat transfer efficiency (9)
Average particulate emissions rate (1)
Average CO (10)
(1) This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
(2) Values are as measured per test method, except for the recommended heating area, firebox volume, maximum burn time and maximum heat output.
() Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
(3) The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³ and reloading intervals ranging from 60 to 120 minutes. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard without any reloading between start and finish. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
(4) As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
(5) Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
(6) Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
(7) Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
(8) Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
(9) The optimum heat transfer efficiency is for the low burn rate (using HHV) and represents the appliance’s ability to convert the energy contained in the wood logs into energy transferred to the room in the form of heat and does not take into account the chemical losses during combustion.
(10) Carbon monoxyde.
High-efficiency certified appliance
Yes, EPA 2020 approved
Maximum log length
Loading over depth
Flue outlet diameter
Type of chimney
CAN/ULC S629, UL 103 HT (2100 °F)
Minimum chimney height (feet)
High quality vermiculite
Approved for an alcove installation
Approved for a mobile home installation
Yes, with fresh air intake
Single, glass with cast iron frame
Glass surface – dimensions (Width X Height)
10 1/4" X 8 1/2"
Glass air-wash system
Overall dimension (Height)
Overall dimension (Width)
Overall dimension (Depth)
Door opening – dimension (Height)
Door opening - dimension (Width)
Firebox – dimension (Height)
Firebox – dimension (Width)
Firebox – dimension (Depth)
Firebox lined with refractory bricks for better heat distribution
Stainless-steel secondary-air system improving gas combustion
Steel thickness – body
Steel thickness – top
USA standard (emissions)
Canadian Standard (emissions)
USA standard (safety)
UL 1482, UL 737
Canadian standard (safety)
Tested and listed as per applicable standards
By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)