Curt Mfg. Switch Ball Trailer Ball Set (1-7/8", 2" & 2-5/16" Balls, 1" X 2-1/4" Shank)
CURT Switch Ball trailer balls are a breakthrough in trailer ball technology. As a result of CURT innovation and engineering genius, Switch Balls offer the ultimate in convenience and reliability for a variety of light-duty and medium-duty towing applications. Essentially, a CURT Switch Ball is a trailer ball shank with a removable head. With its exclusive J-groove design, the Switch Ball trailer ball allows different heads or ball sizes to be places on the shank for accommodating different coupler sizes. This means there is no need to switch between ball mounts or even to own a second ball mount to fit an additional trailer. When you need to make the switch, simply twist the Switch Ball head, lift it off and twist on another. The J-groove ensures a solid hold on your trailer, while still allowing for easy removal of the trailer ball without tools or pins.
This CURT Switch Ball trailer ball set comes with two ball attachments. Ball 1 features a ball diameter of 1-7/8" and ball capacity of 3,500 lbs. Ball 2 has a 2" ball diameter and a ball capacity of 6,000 lbs. Ball 3 has a 2-5/16" diameter and a ball capacity of 8,000 lbs. The shank measures 2-1/4" long and 1" in diameter. We construct these interchangeable hitch balls from premium-grade steel for strength and give them a bright nickel-chrome finish for a long life. To ensure your safety and provide you with a tow ball you can depend on, CURT Switch Balls are independently tested in accordance with SAE J684.
• Fits 1-7/8", 2" or 2-5/16" couplers
• Exclusive 'J' groove design ensures a secure system
• No tools, coins or pins required for trailer ball installation
• Shank bears the weight, freeing the coupler from friction and binding
• Constructed from high-strength steel
• Protected by a premium grade, nickel chrome-plated finish
• Zinc-plated hex nut and helical lock washer for secure mounting
• Independently tested in accordance with SAE J684 for safety and proven safe
• U.S. patent# 5,169,168; Canadian patent# 1,325,445
• Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)