Curt Mfg. Class 3 Ball Mount (2" Shank, 7,500 lbs., 2" Drop, 7-1/2" Long, Chrome)
CURT class 3, or standard-duty, ball mounts are a step up from classes 1 and 2. They feature a 2" x 2" shank and have a higher weight capacity for towing heavy-duty trailers, including utility trailers, boat trailers, campers, single-horse livestock trailers and most recreational vehicle trailers. With class 3 trailer hitches being the most common type of trailer hitch for pickup trucks and SUVs, the class 3 ball mount, by association, is an excellent complement to this trailer hitch and these larger vehicles (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component; i.e. the vehicle, hitch, trailer, etc).
This particular class 3 ball mount has a gross trailer weight capacity of 7,500 lbs. and a tongue weight capacity of 750 lbs. It features a length of 8-1/4", a drop of 2" and a possible rise of 3/4". Class 3 ball mounts are CNC-formed and robotically welded to ensure unwavering precision and dependable strength in each and every unit. We mechanically descale each one to provide a smooth surface for a long-lasting finish. This class 3 ball mount comes with a bright chrome-plated finish to protect against corrosion, scratches, UV damage and more to give it the thick skin it needs to face the road ahead.
• Fits trailer hitches with a 2" x 2" receiver tube opening
• Equipped with a 1" hole to accept a trailer ball shank
• 3/4" rise or 2" drop for precise trailer leveling
• Hollow shank weighs less and can be used with an anti-rattle kit
• Protected by a durable chrome-plated finish
• Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
• Trailer ball and hitch pin sold separately