Curt Mfg. Adjustable Pintle Mount (2" Shank, 10,000 lbs., 7" High, 6" Long)
In agriculture, construction and even military applications, pintle hitches are the trusted product of specialized towing. They are notorious for their high weight capacity and simple design. The basic pintle hitch is essentially a hook and loop, with the hook attached to the vehicle and the loop mounted on the trailer. Because of their simple design, pintle hitches are able to have thicker metal construction and more secure coupling. CURT has a wide variety of pintle hitches and pintle-style products to give you a complete solution for your heavy-duty towing needs.
This adjustable pintle mount is designed to accept a bolt-on pintle hook or combination ball and pintle. It features a series of mounting holes to provide three different mounting heights for the hook and can be mounted in any 2" x 2" receiver tube opening. This pintle mount offers a gross trailer weight capacity up to 10,000 lbs. and features a total plate height of 7", providing up to 6-1/2" of drop (NOTE: Not for use in rise position; never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component; i.e. the vehicle, hitch, trailer, etc).
The heavyweight towing done with pintle hitches implies a certain amount of wear and tear on your towing equipment, and to prepare for this, CURT uses a quality finish on all our pintle mounts, lunette eyes and combination pintle hitches. This pintle mount is coated in a tough black carbide powder coat finish to provide the perfect amount of rust and scratch resistance needed to face the heavy-duty towing you do every day.
• Fits trailer hitches with a 2" x 2" receiver tube opening
• Mounts any CURT adjustable pintle hook or ball & pintle combination
• Face plate holes spaced apart 1-3/4" high x 3-5/16" wide
• Three-position height adjustment allows for precise trailer leveling
• Shank constructed from solid steel for optimum strength
• Protected by a highly durable carbide powder coat finish
• Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
• For use in drop position only